I don’t have a thankfulness connection for this recipe, except a general thankfulness for the winning combination that is peanut butter and chocolate.
I tried to make my own chocolate and oatmeal crust here, and it was less than stellar, so I’d suggest using an Oreo cookie crust like this one.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
- Oreo cookie crust
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- pinch salt
Peanut butter layer:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used all-natural, but the regular stuff will work)
- pinch salt (can omit if your peanut butter has salt)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
1. Prepare pie crust.
2. Melt chocolate chips in cream over low heat in double broiler or sauce pan. Add salt and stir. Pour into the crust and stick in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool. It should be completely cool before adding the peanut butter layer.
3. Whip cream with 1 tbsp of powdered sugar. In a separate bowl, mix together the peanut butter, salt, vanilla and powdered sugar. Carefully fold peanut butter and whipped cream together.
4. Smooth the peanut butter mixture over the chocolate layer. Return to fridge. Serve cold.