Apple crumble…for breakfast! Apples, oats, whole wheat flour, and only a little sugar make this a healthy, lightly sweet breakfast version of apple crumble.
Serve alone or top with greek yogurt. It tastes great warm or cold, so it can be made ahead and refrigerated for breakfast the following day.
Apple Breakfast Crumble
- 2 tbsp butter, melted (use melted coconut oil for vegan)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts or almonds
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 apples, peeled and chopped (3 if very small apples)
1. Mix melted butter and brown sugar until sugar dissolves. Stir in vanilla.
2. Add oats, flour, nuts, cinnamon and salt. Stir.
3. Divide chopped apples evenly between 2 ramekins. Top apples with crumble mixture.
4. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, until crumble is crispy and apples are soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
5. Serve warm, room-temperature, or cold.
Recipe as written makes 2 ramekins.