These cookies are delicious, packed with chocolate, M&Ms, and walnuts. I followed a basic chocolate-chip cookie recipe, but substituted M&Ms and walnuts for some of the chocolate chips.
Chocolate Candy Nut Cookies
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix together first 3 ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Mix in egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
4. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Mix in M&Ms, chocolate chips and walnuts.
5. Drop by spoon into slightly flattened balls (I like smaller cookies, so mine were about an inch around.)
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes (longer if making larger cookies). Leave on pan for 5 minutes, then cool on wire rack.
The key to soft cookies is not over-baking them. I try to catch them while they are still light brown on the bottom.