For this post, I am grateful for the vegan blogging community I’ve met through this blog and how much I’ve learned about vegan cooking and baking since starting this blog. I’ve been so impressed by the amazing and delicious egg and dairy free recipes I’ve come across. I’m only starting to experiment with vegan baking, but I’m looking forward to trying some new things, like making cashew cream and coconut whipped cream.
These vegan muffins use flax seed and banana as binders. They are tasty and healthy, the perfect breakfast or snack.
Vegan Carrot and Banana Muffins
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp sugar or maple syrup
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 6 tbsp soy milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Stir the flax seed and water together and set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mashed banana, oil, sugar (or maple syrup), carrot and soy milk together.
- Mix the flax seed mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and stir until just barely combined. Stir in raisins and walnuts, being careful not to over-mix.
- Bake for 21-23 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool. Makes 8 muffins.