A healthy soup for the New Year!
Leek and Potato Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 bunch of leeks
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 sticks celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. In large pot, saute onions and leeks in olive oil over medium-low heat, until soft (about 5 minutes). Stir often, so leeks don’t brown.
2. Add garlic and saute 2 more minutes.
3. Add celery and saute for 10 minutes.
4. Add carrots, potatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
5. Puree soup with immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper.