For a healthy but satisfying and hearty breakfast, try baked oatmeal. With banana and cinnamon, it taste like banana bread. Serve with a dollop of peanut butter on top, for added protein and deliciousness.
Banana Baked Oatmeal
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3-4 tbsp milk (soy milk for vegan)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In the microwave, melt coconut oil in ramekin.
3. Stir in the mashed banana, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and milk. Mix well.
4. Stir in the rolled oats.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Broil under high heat for 3-5 minutes, to give the oatmeal a crispy top.
6. Allow to cool slightly, as oatmeal will be very hot. Serve.
Recipe serves 1.