This savoury peanut sauce tastes wonderfully with sweet potatoes and broccoli. Baked tofu makes a nice “meaty” addition and really fills out the dish.
To give tofu a meatier and chewier texture, it can be fried or baked at 350 for 20-30 minutes until crisp. The Kitchn has instructions on how to bake tofu here.
Peanut Sauce and Tofu Vegetable Stir Fry
(adapted from Cookie and Kate)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp peanut butter (I used all natural peanut butter)
- 2 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar or honey (use sugar for vegan)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic, pureed
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the stir fry
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 block tofu, baked or fried
Rice, to serve
1. Saute onion and garlic in oil.
2. Cook vegetables. They can be sauteed until slightly soft or baked for 20 or 30 minutes until soft.
3. Make sauce by mixing all sauce ingredients.
4. To serve, combine rice, vegetables, tofu and peanut sauce.
Also, I’m thrilled to be part of the upcoming Virtual Vegan Potluck, occurring November 16. Check out participating blogs for exciting vegan recipes! Click to find out more: