These pancakes are delicious and filling, as well as healthy and nutritious. They’re made with whole wheat flour and bananas to sweeten (rather than sugar). They have a noticeable, yet subtle, banana flavour and taste great with either maple syrup and toasted walnuts or peanut butter.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 medium over-ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 tbsp oil (vegetable oil or coconut oil)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat skillet over medium heat.
2. Combine dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together bananas, oil, egg, vanilla and buttermilk.
4. Mix together dry and wet ingredients.
5. Cook pancakes in skillet, about 2 minutes on each side. I also keep my pancakes in the oven (set at 200) before serving, to ensure that they are cooked and that they stay hot.